From Nick Friedman, president and CEO of College Hunks Hauling Junk.
Via Business Insider The Young Entrepreneur Council will be hosting an hour-long #StartupLab chat at 3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, with Hipmunk co-founder and author Adam Goldstein. To sign up, hit the Facebook page.
The University of Maryland announced Monday this year’s Cupid’s Cup Business Competition for student entrepreneurs will be expanded to receive entries from applicants nationwide. According to UMD’s website, participants will be competing for $70,000 in cash prizes, as well as coaching from successful entrepreneurs and services from “leading-edge companies.” The Cupid’s Cup competition is a joint […]
Charlotte Business Journal reports the Charlotte Shapers are accepting applications for a “business idea” competition for under-30 entrepreneurs who live in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area as part of an initiative to combat youth unemployment in the metro area. Entrants are competing for up to $15,000 in prize money. Here’s the rub: The deadline is Wednesday, Oct. 10. If you […]
Bostinno contributor Chase Garbarino has advice for the first-time student entrepreneurs. Among the choice bits: learn how to listen and when to take no for an answer. From the story: For those of you who naturally don’t accept “no’s”, good for you! However, there are some times when someone tells you no for a valuable […]
Yo Works is a public relations and promotions project dedicated to the student entrepreneur and micro-business owner. We specialize in careful listening and precision messaging — no matter the budget, no matter the medium. Follow our blog for updates or follow us on Twitter.
- LOST. Fairfax City, Va., 10 pm, 6/2. Tri-colored Sheltie. Name: Sirius/Siri. PLEASE @ if you have info. ow.ly/i/66LcK~ 8 months ago
- RT @USATODAY: 5 things December grads should do right now to land a job: usat.ly/1aMWKdd~ 1 year ago
- How not to totally suck at email wp.me/p2MftD-2Z~ 1 year ago
- I have no more reliable sources anymore.~ 1 year ago
- Good idea from @Tripster2001: Those of us who RT'd or MT'd bad info about Sunil, RT the FB page to help find him. ow.ly/keL9M~ 1 year ago
- RT @PSFK: .@Pinterest launches analytics, takes big step towards actually making money: read.bi/Y7lgDx via @BusinessInsider~ 1 year ago
- No doubt. RT @capitalweather: Remember to prepare for possible outages: charge portable devices and have an outage plan.~ 1 year ago
- Stating the obvious isn't leadership. #managementtips~ 2 years ago
- A must-read for small biz owners: How to know when to pull the plug on a social network > (via @HubSpot) ow.ly/i6fIO~ 2 years ago
- RT @TriadFoodies: It's HUMP day...we want to get over the hump and hit 200 likes this week. Go to triadfoodies Facebook page and like. h ...~ 2 years ago